Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Editing

Okay, so this whole editing thing is really making me crazy. As in certifiable.

On a good day, I over analyze the "what do you want for supper?" text to the hubby. Did I offer enough suggestions? Did I sound like I was telling him one thing over another? Yadda, yadda, yadda.

So this, this editing of a story that I poured my entire heart and soul into? Crickey. I don't think I can handle it.

Chapter One was trashed and COMPLETELY re-written. Put into the Recycle Bin and permanently deleted so as not to restore later on. BUT, that's a good thing because the NEW ch one is so much better. I managed to salvage the integrity and "oomph" it up a bit. Yay me! :-)

I've also been doing a lot of research. Who are the best publishing companies for my genre? What are the steps of submitting? When do you obtain an agent? This, actually, is my favorite part of the process. I like to research and it makes me feel important. (I take what I can get!)

All in all, I am HAVING FUN! I feel like I have a whole new set of friends with my characters. I was cooking supper and thought, "hmmm . . .how would so and so handle this? I wonder if she would like it?" or shaving and wondered "does [hero] prefer a bald, groomed or bushy kitty?" LOL! It's great. They have become real to me. The DH gives me only mild wondering looks when I refer to the voices. And how they want out. I've yet to refer to them by name though. I'm saving that one.

Until next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Take a pic of his face when you start jabbering to one of your characters and they ANSWER back!!!!

    ReplyDelete