Thursday, March 5, 2009

Orgasms . . .

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Don't most women? Maybe more so than most, but still thinking about it. So, if TMI bothers you, stop now!

As a young sexually active person (we won't discuss how young, okay?), I wondered about the elusive orgasm and how it was achieved through sexual intercourse. I knew how to pleasure myself, but sadly, was not comfortable enough in my own sexuality to teach my partner how to pleasure me.

Then came along a man who rocked my world, literally, and I had my first orgasm with a man. Cool, right! He did it without my having to tell him how, where, when, all that good stuff. In those days, it was ALLL about the orgasm.

Now . .. I'm sorta in my thirties and I've realized that the sexual encounters aren't always about the end result. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing better than a good yodeling trip up the mountain with your best guy, but what about all the in betweens?

The soft touches, the teasing touches, the rough dominating ones. Isn't the orgasm only as good as the lead up? I like to think so.

DH has been HORRIBLY sick this week. HORRIBLY. High fever, hacking up his lungs, dead on his feet basically. I've been a good wife and haven't hounded him for anything although for some reason, this is horny week. Moon phase maybe?

Last night, I was thinking I'd just take care of it, you know . .go ahead and do my little thing and be done with it. The more I thought about it though, the less it appealed to me. That's when I realized that it wasn't the orgasm I was really after . . .It was all the in between and before stuff.

So even if it kills me, I'm going to wait on DH to feel better. Thankfully, I don't have balls so there's nothing to turn blue.

Maybe it'll only be a quick little trip up the mountain, but still . ..That quick trip with a loving, passionate partner is better than any singular trip on any day.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!! Hubby asks me all the time why I don't just squeeze one out. He doesn't understand that it just isn't the same for a girl as it is for a boy. I know ALL about the wanting to jump his bones! (My hubby's not yours) I'm suffering right now because Hubby was TIRED last night! UGH!

    ReplyDelete